Hacker Halted USA 2012 will consist of the following tracks:
1. “What’s Hot” – Featuring cutting-edge presentations on key topics and aspects of information security, including policies and management issues.
2. “Cut the Crap, Show Me The Hack” - highly technical track featuring no-nonsense technical security experts who demonstrate the latest hacks, reveal new zero-days, and showcase the most current threats and vulnerabilities.
3. “Securing SCADA and Critical Infrastructures” - Following the 2010 appearance of the groundbreaking Stuxnet worm, SCADA security has become an issue of growing concern. This track will feature high-level presentations from noted experts in the field.
4. “Up in the Clouds” – Focused on cloud computing and the security elements surrounding it.
We invite you to submit papers to be considered from the following list of suggested topics. Please note that this list serves as a reference, and is a non-exhaustive - the selection committee will consider papers on any subjects relevant to the information security.
- Cybercrime and law enforcement - tools, problems and perspectives
- Digital Forensics and Investigation
- Latest malware techniques and latest defensive procedures
- Virtualization and malware on virtual machines
- Automated malware processing
- Rootkit detection and cleaning
- Behavior analysis
- Targeted attacks
- Anti-malware testing / Malware reverse engineering
- Cloud computing security
- Java threats
- Zero-day malware
- Mobile security
- Exploits and anti-exploit techniques
- DNS poisoning
- Reverse engineering and analysis tricks & techniques
- Case study of attacked software (e.g. games, SCADA systems)
- Mac security
- Static code analysis
- Social engineering
- SCADA & Critical Infrastructure Security
All submissions are subjected to the following review:
Topics must provide a unique perspective, viewpoint or way of doing something.
2. Timeliness and Interest
Topics must contain up to date and relevant material.
3. Educational Value
A good presentation that meets the educational needs of the audience enhances the credibility of the speaker, the speaker's employer and the conference. Sales pitches will NOT considered.
Only selected speakers will be notified. Please take note of the following.
1. 100% Adherence to NO COMMERCIALISM Policy
2. No Substitutions - Substitution of speakers or panelists is not allowed except in the case of an emergency. In the event of an emergency where the original selected speaker is not available, a written request for substitution may be considered, but strictly at the sole discretion of the Organizer.
3. Travel and Accommodation - We will provide a token subsidy for selected speakers. More importantly to get selected first. :)
First time submitting a paper? Click HERE for submission hot tips.
Hacker Halted Call for Papers Extended! Due to an overwhelming amount of requests we are extending the Hacker Halted Call for Papers deadline to May 15th. The Call for Paper closes at 23:59hrs (EST)!". We will not accept any submissions thereafter. Should you require any further information or clarifications, please email firstname.lastname@example.org